Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Unable to access ipad.forgot password. Have not used iPad…

Customer Question
Unable to access ipad.forgot...

Unable to access ipad.forgot password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Have not used iPad for over 1 year.has original password.4 numbers.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to reset password.thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could tell me whether your iPhone screen is asking for password ***** passcode?

Passcode

Do you have any backup of your iPad in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the i{ad which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPad.

No

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. If you are okay with that, Please let me know so that we can go ahead and reset the iPad.

Okay

Do you remember the apple ID and password? Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple device.