Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

In the last several months I can no longer download photos…

Customer Question
In the last several...

In the last several months I can no longer download photos from my I phone to my computer (or any computer) is says my USB devise is not recognized and I have tried many different cables is there an app I need to have on my iPhone to access them?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not for quite awhle

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about photos. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Was the drive formatted on a windows computer?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I am pretty much computer illiterate. I have always been able to plug my phone into the computer and download and now, I can not...it is not just my computer and it gives a response of the UD+SB is not recognized.
Is there a certain setting I should have on my phone to download and have my phone be recognized ? It is not the computer!
Are you still there Justin?

I am still here.

Did you get my texts?

USB drives are not supposed to show up on iOS devices unless made for that purpose.

I am saying that the response I get on ANY computer I try to download to says it is not revognized
I do not want to pay another 39 for you to fix this, I just want to know what had changed and what I need to do to fix this...I personally did not change a thing

It is likely that the drive is corrupt or formatted incorrectly. If it is corrupt then you need to erase it and copy things over again.

you keep sending that remote connect for $39 and don't answer my question
I have NEVER had this trouble before...
is this something new?

Yes. Corruption

this $39 that I am being forced to pay...is there any risk of loosing anything? How do I know this is safe? Is it guaranteed that it will fix this problem?
Justin?
Sorry but...I am very pressed on time and thought I could do this quickly
Are you there? or should I go with another expert?

You are not forced to pay anything.

I will opt out for another expert as you have request.

Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Which model iPhone do you have?

Wow! I did not ask for anyone else but my Justin kept not answering me

It is no problem, please tell me, which model iPhone you have

Do you have our conversation I had?

yes, please reply to the question I sent you

Didn’t see it

which model iPhone you have

Where would I find that answer?

iphone 4, iphone 5, iphone 6, iphone 7? ect

Believe it is a 7 but could be s 6...bought it new a few years back

ok, it would be helpful to know which between the two but tell me if you can hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see an apple logo and release.

Do you see this?

I see the apple logo, yes

ok, then you have an iPhone 6, let it restart, connect to the computer and tell me if it then works as normal

I am reconnected

so it is now working?

no! it still shows the USB is not recognized

Are you doing this on a windows or mac computer?

windows

which version of windows?

I font know-the latest
My problem is, I have to go to work now and cannot continue this but, since this was not solved-I do not want to be charged $5 for this

sure, ill organize a refund, this will close of your question all the best

You too...I can not believe this is such a difficult thing