Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My daughters iPad and iPhone are both saying that they are…

Customer Question
My daughters iPad and...

My daughters iPad and iPhone are both saying that they are disabled because she forgot her password ***** entered the wrong one too many times. I connected to iTunes but it then says that the device does not have a value???? not sure where to go from here.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She must have changed her password ***** few days ago and now she can't remember it...

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, not sure what that is... i just googled disabled iPhone fix and went through the recommended steps to restore.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

try to connect the device to a different USB port on the computer and tell me if it can then connect please

it says please respond on your iPad, but the iPad still says disabled and i am unable to respond.?

ok, on the iPad, disconnect it from the computer and hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart, connect and tell me what then happens please.

I've done that twice.....it just keeps coming back with iPad disabled.

ok, then you will need to restore it, it will remove your data but this you cannot avoid

To do this, please do the following

Connect it to your computer and hold the home and power buttons until you see a pop up in iTunes saying it notices a device in recovery mode.

Choose to restore the iPad, let this complete and it should then function correctly.

Let me know how you go please

we have this device backed up in i cloud........cant we use that so that we do not lose all the data when restoring.?

When you set it up again you may be able to, but you need to do this step

ok

thanks, ***** ***** me know the results