Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Wanting to sync my iPhone to my MacBook Before upgrade when…

Customer Question
Wanting to sync my...

Wanting to sync my iPhone to my MacBook Before upgrade when I plkugged in iPhone sync would commence. Now it is requesting 'login" keychain password Cant find it. HELP

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your MacBook?

Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last reboot?

IPhone or MacBook?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes when I sync it used to automatically download photos from iPhone to MacBook Now not happening

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Your login keychain password ***** be the same as the password ***** login to your user account on the MacBook.

Have you tried your user login password *****?

If it is not the same or it doesn't accept your password ***** can reset your login keychain to be the same as your user account login.

To reset your login keychain, open Keychain Access which is in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.

Click the Keychain Access menu on the top left of the screen and click Preferences.

Click Reset My Default Keychains. This will then ask you for your current user account login password, and will reset the login keychain to match it.

Then you should have no problem syncing the iPhone through iTunes.

Let me know if using your account password *****'t work or if you have any questions at all.

Please take a moment to rate my advice using the star rating at the top of this page, many thanks in advance!