Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I do not have a CD/DVD drive on this laptop but I need to be…

Customer Question
I do not have...

I do not have a CD/DVD drive on this laptop but I need to be able to see an instructional video. I have a Buffalo Portable DVD but nothing seems to work.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

When I go to "This PC", it shows up as DD RW Drive DVD and I can see the individual files but that's where it ends.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Connected to my laptop via USA

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

USB

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Mac
5/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 26 days ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about disc burning. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you already have a drive?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have a Windows laptop with no CD/DVD drive. I have a portable Buffalo Portable DVD but I need tdo be able to see an instructional video. Nothing seems to work. Media player is connected to laptop via USB.

What are you trying to connect to?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm just trying to get something on which I can play the instructional video. I thought the Buffalo product was supposed to work but it seems to kick it back to some audio player. I'm just totally lost
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Why have you charged my credit card for $64? You do not have any authorization for any such charge. I will be disputing this with my credit card company in the next 24 hours if I do not see this charge refunded. This is a totally fraudulent practice.

I will submit your refund request now. I will not be able to respond after as customer service will handle it from there. Thanks and have a wonderful day!