Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older model A1395. it appears to have reset maybe.

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older model A1395. it appears to have reset maybe. I've tried a hard reset to back to factory defaults. it keeps coming up stating it has been linked to an Apple ID. it doesn't like my current ID that I used for my newer IPad. there is no way for me to know what account it might be linked to

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Just a couple of hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. if it is connected to another apple id I have no idea what it might be. never needed it before and I've had this ipad for several years

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple ID. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I have synced with iTunes but it also requires the apple id and will not recognize my current with this ipad. I have rebooted a couple of times and I have attempted a hard reset by holding the sleep and home button at the same time but it still comes up wanting that apple id

Is the iPad on another Apple ID?

Obviously it is several years older than my newest and we have never needed it. Dont remember setting one up

Well you need to be able to sign into the correct account.