Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad has locked. it says it detected illegal activity.

Customer Question
My ipad has locked...

My ipad has locked. it says it detected illegal activity. the number i was given was(###) ###-#### is this a scam? they told me I dont have any secuirty

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I'm not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I dont know how to do that, can you walk me thru it?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Don't worry. That is a SCAM message and that is been there for many years. iPads are invulnerable to viruses out there. Follow the steps below to remove that message.

Just press the Home button and it will close the message. Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.