Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot connect to iTunes on my Apple tv. I don't know.

Customer Question
I cannot connect to...

I cannot connect to iTunes on my Apple tv

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

About 30 min ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I used my husbands iTunes info it did not work, i want to use my own but am not sure i have it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

ok

If you are trying to sign into the itunes and app store on your apple tv, but your using your husbands account and its not working, you may need to have you or him reset the password ***** his apple ID account. To do this, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If you would like to sign out of his account and into yours instead on the apple tv then you can sign his account out first (you may still need to know his password ***** sign him out) and then you can sign into your account.

Just note that any apps, movies, music that was downloaded/purchased with his apple id account will only be able to be used when his account is signed in and the same goes for your apple id account. All media is tied to whichever apple id is used when downloading and purchasing is done.

To sign out of the apple tv you should be able to do the following:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud.
  2. Select Sign Out.
Can he keep his and I can sign up on my own

Yes, If you are not sure if you have an apple id account, you can use the same link I sent you before and on the same page click the "look it up" link and you can try and find your apple id.

If you would like to create a new apple id you can by going to https://appleid.apple.com/account

Remeber, whoever is signed into the Apple TV the AppleTV can only use 1 account at a time. However, you can sign in and out of accounts if needed.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.