Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am being asked to subscribe to apple by zoosk subscription…

Customer Question
I am being asked...

I am being asked to subscribe to apple by zoosk subscription for 38$ and it wants my apple password, also I get a warning on my I-phone about my Apple ID is being used to sign in to a device in Chicago IL

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think about 4-6 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so I just don't wanna be charged this 38.99 that they want

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your iphone apps. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Where are you getting that pop up about zoosk from on your phone?

Make sure you are not subscribed to zoosk for a free trial using this link

https://help.zoosk.com/hc/en-us/sections/201602816-Subscriptions-and-Payments

If the app is on your phone:

Tap and wiggle. After you tap and hold any icon, the apps wiggle, and the X lets you delete them. Deleting apps on an iOS device is simple: Just tap and hold any app icon until all the icons start wiggling. You'll notice that many, if not most of them, have a little X at the top left corner.

Do NOT click that reset your password. There is a scam going online right now for apple that when you make that change, it infiltrates your account.

You can go to a browser on another device and log into your apple account. Try your password *****

Use this to make sure no one is in your account.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205064

Then secure your account using this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201303

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin