Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my password, Ipad and iphone, Dont know, About two…

Customer Question
I forgot my password ...

I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ipad and iphone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

About two weeks,just my old password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Why was my password *****?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

Apple ID

Thanks!

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

This is a robbery 39$ for my password ***** u joking?

Please note what I said originally: If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it. This is also why I rejected it a few moments ago.

I already gave you an answer to follow.

do you still need assistance with this issue? I would be glad to help further. Otherwise, if you could please rate to close out this session that would be much appreciated.