Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an app installed on my Mac Air version 10.13.4 called…

Customer Question
I have an app...

I have an app installed on my Mac Air version 10.13.4 called Universal Translator. Every time I start a message the app shuts down. I have tried restarting the Mac Air. Doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Universal Translator

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have tried restarting the laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Except that I can log in but when I type a word the app shuts down

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
what supporting documents? I have asked a question.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
what is a conversation page?
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

The Universal Translator app you are referring to looks like it has very bad reviews. Not sure if its the same issue as you are experiencing but it could be. As an alternative, you can always try Google Translate https://translate.google.com/ which has very good reviews.

​​

Especially if this app keeps closing down after you type a word. I would say to check and see if there are any updates but the last update they did to this specific Universal Translator app is way back on Feb. 28, 2012! I would say they are not really making this app a priority for their users in making it better anytime soon. I guess the bad reviews all make sense now.

So the answer to your question is that you can expect this type of issue from an app like Universal Translator app especially because they created this app back when mac's used OS version 10.7 because it mentions 10.7 or higher is needed but if their last app update was not since 2012 then it could very well be that this app does not work very well with the more recent MacOS versions such as 10.13 High Sierra.

There are other Translation apps out there but I would recommend google translate for the ease of use and you can use it on any device.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.