Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

For the last 5 days I am receiving multiple message receipts…

Customer Question
For the last 5...

For the last 5 days I am receiving multiple message receipts from 1 number only. It’s from a text message. I receive 70 to 80 per day. I need help

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an Apple phone number 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 6? What have you tried so far?

It’s been happening for the padt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It’s been happening for the past 5 days I tool it into Roger’s where I bought the phone and they couldn’t solve the problem and said I should contact apple

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I've been a Mac Specialist and Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

My apologies for the difficulty you have been having with this process, I will do what I can, using the resources and knowledge available to me, to help you resolve this issue.

Here are some initial steps you can try:

Step#1 - Check to make sure you have the latest update for your iPad's iOS (iPhone Operating System [Yes this is the correct term]) which is 11.3.1.

To confirm this try this:

1. Go to your Settings
  2. Locate and tap on General
  3. Tap on Software Update
  4. Make sure your iOS shows 11.3.1 - if it doesn't proceed to run that update
  5. If your iPad based on the model you have, has reached the highest iOS software update then its ok, that means you are already fully updated in your iOS software version.

Step#2 -Fix the Alerts settings

1. Tap on Settings
  2. Scroll down to Notifications
  3. Locate and select Messages
  4. Make sure the Repeat Alerts option is set to"Never"

Step#3

1. In main Settings, scroll down to Messages
  2. Tap on Messages
  3. Slide Messages Off for approximately 60 seconds
  4. Slide it back On

Step# ***** - Delete that message thread

1. Go into your Messages app
  2. Click on Edit
  3. Locate the 1 contact number you are receiving those 70 - 80 text messages a day from
  4. Tap that message bubble (located to the left of the message) and all other bubble associated with that message and tap Delete, located the bottom left corner of that iPad window.

Try these steps if you would, and let me know if they help resolve this issue for you.

I will watch for any further questions or updates from you.

Thanks!

-TD

Just sending this post to you to remind you that your question is still a priority for me to answer for you.

I have not received a recent update from you at the present. Therefore, I wanted to assure you I am waiting for a reply from you, so we can either continue working on this issue or you confirm that the last processes provided worked and the issue has been resolved.

Thank you. I look forward to corresponding with you again, once you are back online with JustAnswer.com.

Regards,

-Terry