Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im having trouble with the volume on my MacBook Air. Its…

Customer Question
Hi - Im having...

Hi - Im having trouble with the volume on my MacBook Air. Its about 10 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

Is it in the apple logo - about this mac?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Just recently. Updates?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I am watching:
***** ***** new action movie 2018 - Chaina Hot action Movie
The sound keeps going in & out
I just paid $5. Can you help??????

First, we need to figure out if your sound on your mac is not working properly in everything or just some things. Meaning does the sound not work when watching a specific video online or you do not even here any system sounds.

Once we know that information we can start to narrow things down.

Also, you can check in your sound system preferences by going to apple/system preferences/sound and then do the following:

1. on the output tab, make sure that your internal speakers are listed and chosen. You can also check the volume at the bottom of the same window

2. Also, you can go to the sound effects tab, and make sure the sound is on and double click the sound you want to test.

I just got your last reply regarding the movie you are watching. If this is what happens all the time it could be the movie or the internet connection. Which is why you still want to do the sound test like mentioned above in step one and two.

can you call me?(###) ###-#### That works better for me????

If the sound always does this "in and out" sound then the last resort is to make sure you have done all you can which the next thing would be to reinstall the OS. After this, and it still happens, you know you have ruled this a hardware issue and you would need to take this make to an apple certified technician so that they can fix it in person. Could be a bad sound card / speakers. You can even take it to an apple store or call apple care to set up an appointment especially if it is under warranty.

Under settings: The sound on my MAC is on high
Updates????????
Can you call me please?

Yes, you can try updates as well, but if not and after trying all the tests I have mentioned here is how to reinstall the OS. Don't worry it does not erase any data:

1. Restart your mac
  2. immediately hold down COMMAND and R on your keyboard
  3. If done correctly you should get to the main menu
  4. choose "reinstall OS" - don't worry, this does not erase your files/data it just reinstalls the system files and folders.
  5. follow the onscreen instructions which are basically next, next, next

I can opt out of this question if you really need a phone call.

I do not want to pay $39. I will report you to the Apple dealer close to me if you refuse to help me. I do not want to type all day long. Please call me
I don't think you are APPLE. You have not responded in a timely manner. Good luck with your scam