Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Cannot charge phone when I do battery does not last now says…

Customer Question
Cannot charge phone when...

Cannot charge phone when I do battery does not last now says disabled

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is iPhone 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Its been a while I tried to connect with my computer but the phone will not connect due to bad connection

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Are you still there
5/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 28 days ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Well it sounds like 2 issues are happening:

1. Battery Issue

2. iPhone is disabled

DO you know what disabled the iPhone? Meaning was the iPhone asking for an apple id and password ***** a 4 to 6 digit passcode. PLease let me know which one.

You can try and do a force restart on your iPhone 6 and then try and charge.

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Once it restarts, you can try and charge your phone. If that still does not help the charge, make sure you have the most recent updates installed on your phone which you can check in settings/general/software updates. Then try and charge your phone again. If all that does not work you may want to try a different charging cord and/or charger plug for the wall.

If also your phone is disabled, you may need to enter your apple id and password. If you are not sure of your password ***** go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If your phone is disabled because you tried the wrong password, you will need to erase your phone by doing one of the 2 options:

Option1:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

Option 2:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo. Hold these buttons until you see the iTunes logo and cable icon. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know