Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My husband and I can not get into our ipad. Several months…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I can not get into our ipad. Several months ago when we purchased the ipad from Conns my husband used***@******.*** as the id but he can not remember the password. He didn't write it down and now this 73 year old man can't remember it. He didn't tell me so I don't know what it is. I know I can't remember so I always write mine down..Can you help us please. We are not real smart with computers. Know just enough to mess up things and that is what we have done. Thanks for your help. Marvina Edwards

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

We have never changed it. The only password ***** was the one Fred used to set it up last summer when we bought it.And that is the one he can't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I was trying to do it one day and I got confused

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I can not offer telephone support at this time. I can continue to help you here or opt out and if another expert becomes available for telephone support he can pick up your question.

Thanks,

My ipad reflects and id of***@******.***. I thought I was changing it to***@******.*** but now when I sign in to my ipad it states that Activation is locked and it will not open.
under the new id number and password.

When attempting to update your ID did you make changes to the original account OR did you create a whole new account?

I am so confused right now I don't know what I did.
It asked for my ID. I put in***@******.*** and it didn't recognize it. So I tried my email address and it recognized it.

If you recognized your email address then that is the Apple ID you must reset the password ***** in this case. Also, you must remember to entirely shut off and restart the iPad after resetting your password ***** it will not see the changes you make.

I answered the security questions and it let me change the password ***** I thought that thatwas it until I tried to log in to my ipad and it would not recognize it.

Did you turn the iPad completely off and back on?

I just turned it off. Now I will turn it back on and try again

Ok. Good luck!

Ok

Were you able to get in?

No

What message do you get on screen when it fails?

Incorrect apple I'd.***@******.*** cannot be used to unlock this ipad

Ok so that is the wrong Apple ID. What message do you get when trying to use***@******.***?

It needs a password. That's why I contacted you

Ok and I gave you the directions earlier to reset the password. Did you follow those directions?

Here they are again:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

do you still need assistance with this issue? I would be glad to help further. Otherwise, if you could please rate to close out this session that would be much appreciated.

I am not able to follow these instructions because it stateS Activation Lock. There are no options listed to go to.

as noted at the beginning of the instructions, you should do this procedure from a computer (or you can use anther device). You can not do it from the locked iPad.

Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago