Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have lost my contact list. 6plus iPhone. 2 days I took it…

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my contact list

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

6plus iPhone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

2 days I took it to Verizon and they said because I couldn’t get into the cloud there was nothing else to be done

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I am a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

Your contact lists within an iOS device like your iPhone 6 Plus, is always linked to an email address.

So the first step I would recommend you do, is as follows below:

1.) Go to your Settings

2.) Scroll down in Settings until you see Accounts & Password

3.) Scroll down in Accounts & Passwords until you see Add Account

4.) Select the email domain service you use for your email account (i.e. iCloud, Google, Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, etc.)

5.) Once you have re-added your email Account to your iPhone 6 Plus, you will be taken to a page, which will allow you to select additional options, such as

Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes.

6.) Once you have selected Contacts, press your Home button located at the bottom of your iPhone 6 Plus and tap on Contacts

7.) Check now to see if your previous Contacts are now visible.

If you do not see any of your contacts, try adding a different email address that you may have signed in on your iPhone previously.

The key takeaway here is to understand that Contacts in iOS devices like iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices are always linked to the contacts you create on your iPhone.

Please try this process and let me know if this helps.

I will be here ready to continue assisting you if you have more questions.

Thanks!

Nothing has helped so far

Thanks for your update. I have been waiting for your response.

Another option for you to try:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings
  • Tap on your Name listed at the top of the Settings screen
  • On the next page entitled Apple ID, tap on iCloud
  • In iCloud, make sure Contacts is turn on

Now if you Contacts are turned on in iCloud, tap on Apple ID in the upper left corner, then go back to Settings

• From the main Settings screen scroll down until you see Contacts
  • Tap on Contacts and under Default Account confirm if the email address you believe your Contacts to be originally assigned to is listed.
  • If it is not the email you believe your Contacts were originally created under, stop here and let me know.

As I mentioned in my first answers to you, any contacts you created were created under one of the email addresses you had set up on your iPhone 6 Plus before they became missing. The way Apple has designed Contacts, they can only be created under an email address you have added to your Mail app on your iPhone.

So what this means is there is a strong likelihood that if you can recall the email accounts you had on your iPhone when you did have your contacts in place, chances are, once you add that email address under Accounts and Passwords your Contacts should appear.

Let me know if this supplement of information helps. I will still be here ready to assist as much as I can to help you get your contacts back.

-TD

Nothing has helped me
No I think I have spent enough
What are my charges now
Just tell me what I owe

Thank you for your response, but if I cannot aid you in resolving this issue, I would instead recommend you request a refund.

I am not here to make our valued customers like yourself pay for a question unresolved.

I am still willing to help, but you have to still be willing to allow me to assist you and we also need to have lesser gaps in communication, which will allow me to deliver more options to help you.

As I mentioned before there is no reason you should not be able to retrieve your contacts.

I would be glad to continue to help you if you like me to- I am still ready to work to get this issue resolved for you.

Please advise.

Thanks,

TD

I’m tired and confused and just want to stop!

Understood.

I'm sorry we could not answer your question at this time.

To request a refund for your deposit or payment, please visit: http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You will be able to receive assistance from JustAnswer.com Customer Support on that page.

I will opt out of your question now.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Sincere Regards,

TD
"The MacTechTrainer"

NO
No just let me go
I will go to Apple tomorrow or buy a new phone just let me end this