Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do we use a visa card. OS? 5months

Customer Question
How do we use...

How do we use a visa card

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

OS?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

5months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Your original question was "How do we use a visa card". So I am assuming you may need to change your credit card for your apple id to purchase things in the iTunes store or app store. So therefore here are all the ways on how to do so. You do not need to do all of these steps but just one that is easiest for you. When you are done and all is good please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name. If you still need help please let me know what did not work so I can further assist. Thanks.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None.
  5. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

iTunes - from mac or pc:

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None.
  7. Click Done.

Online website:

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

System Preferences - from a mac:

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iCloud - for Windows:

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.