Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The iPhone stopped working w/out warning or notification. I…

Customer Question
The iPhone stopped working...

The iPhone stopped working w/out warning or notification. I keep getting an Apple which glows for 10 seconds and then disappears only to repeat the sequence. It’s on charge now... same thing. No phone no apps NOTHING but an .

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Don’t know. It’s from Consumer Cellular and have had since Christmas if that helps.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just two hours

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Phone is an 5 32GB

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the lock or home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

do you still need assistance with this issue? I would be glad to help further. Otherwise, if you could please rate to close out this session that would be much appreciated.