Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I saved an article to my iPad reading list. When I turn off…

Customer Question
I saved an article...

I saved an article to my iPad reading list. When I turn off WiFi, there is a message to turn on my WiFi.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Latest upgrade, last 10 days

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Clicked on box, on “glasses” then save to reading list.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Also went to Safari>reading list>automatically save offline

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help. When I want to save something to read later, I use "Add to Reading List". If my WiFi is on, I can read all the items in my "Reading List". When my WiFi is turned off or unavailable, there is a message saying: "Not available for offline reading". I went to safari>Reading List>Auto Save Offline, and clicked it on. Still can't read any items if my WiFi is off.

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart

Done
My friend has an iPhone and when he saves something, a message comes up asking if he wants it saved for offline reading.

Try again

The message did not come up,
the page I saved is on my reading list,
It says: "Not available for offline reading

I have been researching the issue and it appears that the latest iOS update has caused this issue and there isn't a fix until Apple decides to fix it via an update.