Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I did an update on my MacBook Pro last night and I’m trying…

Customer Question
I did an update...

I did an update on my MacBook Pro last night and I’m trying to log in. I’ve never had to enter a password ***** (I’ve had this thing for 5 yrs). The hint keeps coming up and there’s really only one answer it could be and it’s not accepting it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I tried entering my Apple ID, and that’s something completely different - it didn’t take it either. I’ve updated the Apple ID probably in the last year.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don’t know how to do that, sorry.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
I’m in a serious bind, how long do I have to wait to get assistance? Thanks.
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

I don’t know. I went through some steps that I found online and it’s taking quite a while to move forward.

Have you followed this guide?

Reset your login password ***** your Apple ID

If you associated your user account with your Apple ID, you can use your Apple ID to reset your login password.

1. Choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.

2. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password ***** then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”

3. Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.

Follow the instructions to reset your login password.