Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Mac book air is reading access denied. A time ago but I…

My Mac book air...

My Mac book air is reading access denied

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A long time ago but I have been in Calgary out of town and other people had use of my machine?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am unable to change from this screen

5/27/2018
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Which screen says "Access Denied"? Is it the login screen or a web page?

That text is not a familiar error message to me, is that the exact wording?

Thank you in advance!

David, Mac Support Specialist
It reads access denied twice then lots of numbers and letters after log in with my password ***** cannot get rid of this screen

Do you have a telephone number I can call you on?

As the Mac boots up to the login screen it seems like the operating system is Ok.

When you login and get this message it appears that the problem is your user account.

To solve this and login, the best thing to do is to re-run the Setup Assistant and create a new temporary admin account.

If you can get back to me with a phone number I can reach you at I will guide you through those steps.

Thank you, ***** *****