Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My apple ipod has completely locked me out. Tried to last…

Customer Question
My apple ipod has...

My apple ipod has completely locked me out

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Tried to last night but think I misspelled the word and am now locked out!

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not familiar with that

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPod. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have a computer you can plug your device into?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

what is remote assistance?

It is where I connect to your computer and fix the issue remotely while you watch.

no

Ok

Is the iPod an iPod touch?

it is

DFU Mode Steps:
Plug your iOS device into your computer and open iTunes.
Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

iOS Restore Steps:
Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
Click Restore.
After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

There is the guide. If you would like me to help you with this remotely please select the option for Secure Remote Assistance.