Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iphone 6; it was disabled because I made multiple…

I have an iphone...

I have an iphone 6; it was disabled because I made multiple attempts to put my 6 digit security code...which I thought I knew so well. Anyway, it told me

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Oh God, I have no clue. I'm not very competent with the details; I just use my phone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Well, I plugged into itunes as the screen commanded and I synced in with my PC and the i tune logo appears; and above there is type that read:

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Support/apple/recover (or words to that affect) but then it disapears and right back to the "disabled" wording.

5/27/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPhone. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have a computer you can plug your device into?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I already plugged into itunes; follow the instructions itunes with plug showed up on my iphone screen showing linked in, at the top of my phone screen when in linked in to itunes, it read: support/apple/restore; but then it dissapered long with the itunes logo that showed up on the middle of the screen and right back to iPhone is disabled connect to itunes. It's frustrating to say the least!

DFU Mode Steps:
Plug your iOS device into your computer and open iTunes.
Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

iOS Restore Steps:
Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
Click Restore.
After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

There is the guide. If you would like me to help you with this remotely please select the option for Secure Remote Assistance.

Wow! What guarantee do I have that you could actually fix it. I'm not very comfortable with this now.

100% money back

This is the guarantee. LINK

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Click this link on your computer to connect remotely.

Once on the site DO NOT close the Join Session Popup

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

what is happening?...

You need to follow directions:

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

Click what link?

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

The screen reads: "with following options" (there are none) also to put a code: what kind of code, something I make up?
NO "Join Session Pop Up" No "App to Click" appears anywhere.

Are you doing it from your computer? Because if you are it is the first window.

Well, like I wrote before, there is still no "Join Session" Pop up or Click Download App or Click Launch App

Go back and stop closing the windows that pops up. Also make sure you are doing this from your computer. Not a tablet, iPad or iPhone.