Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Firstly, I am not that computer literate....I purchased this…

Customer Question
Firstly, I am not...

Firstly, I am not that computer literate....I purchased this comp (Mac) approx 09/17. I had trend micro virus on it that exp yesterday. I noticed that I had a Norton anti virus that I hadn't used so I put the number into the computer. The number came back saying there was something wrong and to call a 1800 Norton number which I did. I got some Indian fellow that told me my comp was full of viruses and that for $299 he could fix it. I declined. my friend just told me that that was a scam and that apple wouldn't let a virus get on my comp...what should I do

Technician's Assistant: Which Trend Micro product do you have?

Trend mico internet security 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Trend Micro software?

Nothing, it exp yesterday and today I tried to put this Norton 360 on that I hadn't activated and thats when all the probs started. Is it true that if you have an apple comp you don't need to have an external virus protection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but I am worried that maybe the Norton people did something to my comp as I foolishly let them remote me , they mentioned the word alureon

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about security. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you want me to run a check on your system remotely?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

no remote at the moment
can you just tell me am I
comprimised

Ok. I would suggest you use Malware Bytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/