Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to restore iphone. Its an iphone 6. \\my i phone

Customer Question
Trying to restore iphone ...

Trying to restore iphone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Its an iphone 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

\\my i phone froze yesterday just the apple on a white screen - i was able to start a restore today but os not working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - i just want to restore a phone i paid good money for 20 months ago that has failed me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

hHi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPhone. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have a computer you can plug your device into?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

DFU Mode Steps:

Plug your iOS device into your computer and open iTunes.
Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

iOS Restore Steps:
Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
Click Restore.
After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

There is the guide. If you would like me to help you with this remotely please select the option for Secure Remote Assistance.