Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Its not the TV. Im trying to install the LG Ultra Slim

Hi! Its not the...

Hi! Its not the TV. Im trying to install the LG Ultra Slim Oartable DVD Writer GP65 on my mac, and it doesn't recognize it.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Mac?

12.7.4.76

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

What do you mean? my computer?

5/27/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about DVD install. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What Mac are you installing it on?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Hi!
Macbook pro 10.11.6
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. $39? The drive was like $ 20....this is ridiculous! I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway. Cheers!

If the drive was $20 it is likely because it was $20 and does not work with Apple devices. The super drive that Apple sold for this purpose was $100.

Yup, that might be the case, although it said that the drive, LG GP65, works with Mac, so why won’t it?

Their website says only Mac OS X(10.7.5)

You are much past that...

Bummer... why can't it ever be easy? Thanks! I'll call it quits for now. Have a great weekend, hope you have some time of to smell the roses....

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Yup, 5* you got, and deserve it!