Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a change on my I phone in order to unlock it. I ,t…

Customer Question
I have a change...

I have a change on my I phone in order to unlock it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don,t remember, My unlock code was 4 letters which were 4923. Now they want 6 letters/numbers but I don't know which numbers.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How can I do anything while its locked?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to use my phone. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
when will I get an answer
5/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I don't want to spend money to correct this.

The only way to bypass a passcode on an Apple device is to erase it completely. You have to options to do this.

Option 1:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

Option 2:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step. I am not sure what version of your iPhone it is but please try one of the following in steps 4-6. See pic attached to this message.
  4. On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  5. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  6. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  7. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

This is a paid service. At least you still got the answer for free. Take Care.

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.

I can not get passed the locked page. I can't get to icloud
You have not helped me at all. I cannot get the phone unlocked so I cannot do anything you suggest.
HOW CAN I UNLOCK MY IPHONE???
It is asking for a 6 digit number. I do not have one!!

Exactly, which is why my very first reply to you showed you 2 options to fix your issue. You mentioned you are not going to pay so I guess its your lucky day. You got the answers you need to fix your issue and are not going to pay.