Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We have malware I believe, I can send screen shot picture,

Customer Question
We have malware I...

We have malware I believe, I can send screen shot picture, box will not go from screen, I have got to force quit does not work.

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

Maybe 6 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you want me to send the screen shot?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Yes, you can attach a screenshot if you would like or I can remote into your computer and see what I can do. When you try to force wuit you can try a couple different ways.

1. Click the apple icon and then choose force quit

2. From the Dock, find your icon and right click (control click) the icon an choose "force quit"

3. Open your Activity Monitor app located in applications/utilities and find the program under the "CPU" section that is causing the window to stay on your screen and then click the "X" at the top of the activity monitor window

If that does not work let me know and like I said I can try and connect. However, in order for me to connect you would need to open a browser window so you may not be able to do with what is happening.

Let me know.