Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Someone charged a 12-inch MacBook to my account. I tried to…

Customer Question
Someone charged a 12-inch...

Someone charged a 12-inch MacBook to my account. I tried to access I tunes to cancel and every time I do McAffee blocks me.The amount is insane $1049.00 for #SPY0LSJ/ HELP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 2 weeks ago because something else happened

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am 77, my grandson did it for me and he is not home right now and I am in a panic - I just dont know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How Do I cancel this fraudulent charge?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Payments. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

When and where did you find out about this payment?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Iput it in the spam folder, after comparing it to the real I-tunes I noticed that it was a hack, however I was concerned about the refundable $5.00 fee which turned out to be a lie because I was Charged $36.00. I also assumed that I was talking to i-tunes instead of someone trying to make a buck, you have told me nothing so thanks for nothing.My mother always said assume stands for ass u me , she has been dead 52 years but it still holds true, nothing personal to you, just the people you work for. I am gone

This is a paid service, not Apple. Do you want to continue?

no, it would be nice if that was advertised up front. I just wasted 36$