Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my pass code and locked myself and the fingerprint…

I forgot my pass...

I forgot my pass code and locked myself and the fingerprint scanner is disabled

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today, I just got this iPhone and been using the fingerprint to open it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't have a computer at the moment

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2018
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Alright, thank you for helping me with this problem

The only way to bypass a passcode on any Apple device is to erase the device. Therefore you have 2 options but without a computer, you basically only have 1 option.

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

You can use any device that has internet to go to this website and try these instructions.

If you are on a computer right now I can remote assist but you mentioned you do not have a computer so I canceled your remote request. Let me know if you have a computer and I can help you with the steps I gave you.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
I got a friend's computer

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following on your computer:

1. Click this link: https://join.zoho.com/866310444

2. Click the “download’ button

3. Open the downloaded file

Ok now a code is needed
Or the sessions id

Usually it doesn't need one but it is 866-310-444

if that doesn't work I can give you a new link

Remember it has to be a computer

We can fix your iphone issue from your friends computer

I think you left by accident.?

If the same link does not work please let me know as when you leave, I am not sure if you can rejoin the same link session or not.

PLease let me know when you are ready to continue.