Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got alert message. 27” iMac High Sierra 10.13.4. A few days.

Customer Question
Got alert message Technician's...

Got alert message

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

27” iMac High Sierra 10.13.4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

A few days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Apple HDD ST1000DM003 - Z1D2HS7V is exceeding SMART warning levels.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What alert did you get?

Did you not see what I wrote? Apple HDD ST1000DM003 - Z1D2HS7V is exceeding SMART warning levels.
What is your answer?

Yes, I thought it was another issue since you posted it under "Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?"

That message indicates that there is an issue with the hard drive of your Mac. It is possible that the hard drive is failing. Since you got that warning, don't turn off the Mac, restart or do any troubleshooting. Backup all your important files ASAP to an external hard drive.

Then do a hardware test and let me know what it returns --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.