Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received a telephone call that my apple cloud acct was…

Customer Question
Hello I received a...

Hello I received a telephone call that my apple cloud acct was breached? Is this a fraudaluent phone call? Is there. Security app for my phone & iPad that I can download for more security?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

OK let me. Heck real quick

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

11.3.1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what would that be?

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Mac
5/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 23 days ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Those are SCAM calls and there are many SCAMs out there like this. DO NOT attend those calls and DO NOT give them any info even if you attend. Always ignore this kind of calls and if they call you again, tell them you will file a police complaint against them if they call again. They will not be able to hack your account.

Since you got that call, you should change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you but I am not happy that I was tricked into signing up for Just Answer & it first said 5 and I was charged 30. No reflection on you personally. I received the same Answer for FREE from Apple support. Thank you for the same info & I trust you have a successful day

I'm sorry. This is a paid support site.

Also, I don't have access to the payment or offer related issues. If you didn't know about the payment, then you can email to customer support at *****@******.*** and they will refund you.

Please don't rate the answer anything since you are requesting refund.

Best Regards,

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you I understand why so many people have given you an excellent rating
Have a good day

You too :)