Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Apple I pad and last night I got a message,

Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an Apple I pad and last night I got a message, query624.gq and to call Apple Care at(###) ###-#### I did that and he wanted the serial number of my I pad which I gave him and then he wanted me to go get an Apple I Tunes card and give him the number on the back. I did not do that. Should I be concerned? What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Where do I find that, I am not the best at this kind of information. Sorry

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just got the message last night around 10:00 when I was looking at Pinterst

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is all. The message said that the virus could effect my credit cards and bank information. I do not do any banking on my I pad, but have used Discover credit card.

5/26/2018
Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do. I have not done anything to correct this if there is anything that I need to do. Thanks for your help. I am also concerned that the person that I talke to last night at the number above called and left a message on our phone, his name is***** phone #(###) ###-#### He is very concerned and wants me to call.
I just paid 40.00 this morning to fix this problem why do I need to pay more when nothing was done.

Unfortunately, that is a scam -- Do not pay that person any money or call them back. Apple will never call you and request any type of payment especially via iTunes gift cards.

That is what I thought. I am not sure why I need to pay an additional 39 now when I paid 40 this morning and that was to help me correct the problem.

That is an automated offer by our system that you can simply decline.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I just want to make sure that there is no virus on my I pad. Is the only way for me to do that is to have you connect and pay the $39?

Your iPad does not have a virus -- Any popup that you see is just a fake popup message and the call that you received is just a scam.

then everything is OK and I do not need to do anything, correct.

Yes

Harry, Computer Hardware Engineer
Thanks you so much Harry, you have been great and I will be very happy to give you 5 stars. Enjoy the rest of you night and have a great Memorial Day.