Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

For a few cays now I have been unable to send

Customer Question
For a few cays...

For a few cays now I have been unable to send messages(texts) and utilize Facetime. I have followed Siri instruction for starting both but have been unsuccessful.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Iphone X

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Several days. I have disabled both, turned off phone, restarted and enabled both again. All I get is a message "Waiting fo activation".

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iMessage. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Can you sign in with that account to appleid.apple.com?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I don't understand what you want.

The iMessage/Facetime account is an Apple ID. Can you sign in with it at appleid.apple.com?

What do you mean. Explain better.
Tis isa scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's my response???
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert with JustAnswer.com. I hope I can shed some light on the situation and help you to a solution.

First, you need to know: an error message mentioning 'waiting' or 'activation' could mean, your fast internet or fast data service is offline / not working / not authorized.

Second, if not, try connecting to WiFi, and see whether you can then send a text, or access Facetime. If you can at that point, the problem is not on your iPhone I doubt, but most likely a matter of giving a call to your fast internet service carrier company's Customer Support line, and asking them about the status of your account, and whether you have run out of your texting / data transmission allowance for the period. (In which case, they can straighten that out with an extra payment for extending the allowance.)

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

My intrnetconnection is fine. That is not the problem.So far you have gven me nothing for my $40.

Have you checked with your fast/mobile service provider to be sure? that is often necessary which is why I suggested it.

(If you would prefer a different Expert - at no additional charge - I will Opt Out and open the case to others. Just let me know, please...)

new expert pls