Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a new iphone (6) and when I went to log on to

Hi, I bought...

Hi, I bought a new iphone (6) and when I went to log on to download my stuff that I'd loaded onto the icloud, I put in the wrong password. So I requested for 'recovery.' This was almost two weeks ago and now, it is Saturday night here in Australia, an sms has arrived telling me to go to apple.com/recover to get started. When I do, there is no obvious place for me to enter my id without risking pressing 'account recovery' again and having to wait potentially another almost two weeks. I just want to do it right. Can you help please?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Well, that's the thing, I thought I changed it late last year but I may be mistaken cos I don't use it very often.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I'm sorry I don't understand that question. I am almost seventy years old and while OK with tech, am not that savvy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want help to reset my password ***** that I can commence using my new phone please

5/26/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

I am sorry I asked this question under the Mac expert heading inadvertently. Can you help me with this?
I have already paid $45 with apparently $40 of that being refundable when I get my answer, so I will not be paying any more money. Just letting you know.

Please dial 0011-‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?

Thanks I will try that. Do I ignore the (866) or include that when I dial?

yes you need the 866 as well

Thank you. I will get back to you.

Cheers!

I just rang the number on both my home phone and my mobile and the message is the same: 'the number you have rung is not in service.'

Did you dial the 0011 for the country code?

is the number and I am not certain of the code to get out for Australia to the US
I did
I have to ring the US to get the answer to this? Maybe i will just wait and ring Apple Support at 8 am tomorrow...

That is an Apple Support number in the US that is straight to tier 2.

You just need to dial out of your country proper.

Maybe I don't have the international call option on either of my phones! I have never dialled international before
Never mind, thanks for your help, but I will try tomorrow with Apple Support. This is too hard!
can we wind this up please so that I can claim some of my deposit back. Thanks

I think I have found it. 0011 + 1 - (866)(###) ###-####

it is two 0 and three 111 and then the numbers

ok thanks will try one more time

ok

Thanks Justin, all good. Password ***** *****! I appreciate you going out of your way to get the correct international dial out for me. thanks again.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius