Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just got IPad Pro and it won’t take my password, Don’t

Customer Question
Hi...just got IPad Pro...

Hi...just got IPad Pro and it won’t take my password

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Don’t know..

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just bought it from Sprint last Friday so I assume it is the latest IOS 11.5?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I set the password ***** the Sprint store

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
I pad pro won’t take my password
I can’t get to settings.. I pad is locked
5/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 2 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your new iPad asking for the Passcode or the Apple ID password, etc.?

Was the password *****?

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Passcode

Thank you. Was the passcode forgotten?

I have Mac book pro at home.. Ian out of town

Was the passcode forgotten?

You need to have a Windows or Mac computer temporarily, so that you can fix the iPad by connecting it to a computer. When can you get access to a computer?

in the morning

OK, tomorrow morning, I can connect remotely to your computer, so that I can fix your iPad directly through your computer for you. I'm also providing you the solution below you can try it yourself tomorrow morning first:

1. Open the iTunes app on your Mac computer. (Open Finder > Applications > iTunes.)
    - (Note: If you use a Windows computer, then download / install the iTunes program at the website https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ .)
  2. Connect your iPad to your Mac computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. If prompted about the passcode lock error message, just close / cancel it.
  4. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  6. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small circle icon (or small down arrow icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
- Also, have you received email messages from me (from Viet) yet?

Please let me know. Thank you for your patience.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.