Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was paying for icloud. Vacationing in Rec’d ICloud notice…

Customer Question
I was paying...

I was paying for icloud. Vacationing in HI. Rec’d ICloud notice to renew. Ole visa no good. Had a new one but couldn’t figure out to enter my new credit card info . My subscription (beyond free) has expired. How can I get it back with email but new card?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Haven’t Don’t know how

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to restore my iCloud with my new card

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Robert, consultant replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

How come i am paying $30 for PayPal, i am being adked for $40 for Just Answer and I still don’t have my added icloud benefit to backup my photos?????

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping.
  2. Tap Payment Method, then edit your payment details. If you want to remove your payment method or change to a different payment method, scroll to the bottom of the Payment Details screen and tap Change Payment Method. Then select None or a different payment method.
    Learn what to do if you don't see None or can't select it and if additional payment methods are available in your country or region.
  3. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Save.

If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information. You might also see an option to add the new card to Apple Pay.

On your Mac or PC

On your Mac or PC, you can edit your payment information using iTunes or on the web.

You can also edit your payment information in System Preferences on a Mac. If you have a PC, you can use iCloud for Windows.

iTunes

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.

On the Account Information page:

1. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  2. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
  3. Click Done.

If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

On the web

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click the Edit button. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

You can also update the security on your account or other preferences from this page, but you can't remove a payment method from this page.

System Preferences

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

You can't remove a payment method in System Preferences.

iCloud for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

You can't use iCloud for Windows to remove a payment method.