Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need to change my phone number on my Apple ID account. Havnt…

Customer Question
Need to change my...

Need to change my phone number on my Apple ID account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Havnt changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The issue is I got metro carrier and I could not get the same number so had to get a new phone number but now I can not get on to my apple id because they send a code to my old number so I just want to update or change my number on my apple account

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Is the root issue that your password ***** being accepted? or, is your password ***** ( for y our apple id ) but its making you verify account ownership using your phone?

Also, do you have any computers, phones or devices that are still signed into or used to sign into your apple account?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

It’s working it’s just send the verification code to a number that is my old number I need to update the number on my apple ID

Understood. Use a web browser and then sign into this page, and change your phone number.

When you follow these steps to sign into your apple id account preferences page, you can change and enter your new phone number on these pages.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.