Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I changed my email account but my phone still is using my…

Customer Question
I changed my email...

I changed my email account but my phone still is using my original email and I have forgotten my password ***** I’m not able to change my password ***** I can use the app store

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Quite awhile ago probably 5 months

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer account password ***** access question.

It sounds to me as if you might be able to recover your Apple ID (if necessary) and its password, by the following procedure:

The process of recovering your Apple ID password ***** ***** steps - the first is needed, if you have forgotten what your Apple ID is. (If not, you can skip to the second step.)

1.

To recover first your Apple ID, then its password ***** go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

2.
Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

(This may be done on any computer or smart device with internet and web page access.)
- If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer.com question page. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.