Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to upload a ppt to Youtube so i need to save to a…

Customer Question
I want to upload...

I want to upload a ppt to Youtube so i need to save to a video file I didn't have Office 365 so i obtained it I still can't upload to video I don't understand what to do i have to get this done today can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I've already answered that question

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I am on a Mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

OS Sierra 10.13.4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Not sure you're reading what i've written?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - definitely if you can't help, i would appreciate someone who can but this is about Office 365, not about my Mac

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to upload a video?

Please let me know

I can't export to a video file that is accepted by Youtube

Can you tell me exactly though what happens when you try to, what errors you get, what exactly happens.

i am in powerpoint
Microsoft Office said i needed version 365 to upload videos
I now have Office 365 but can't export to video
what do i need to do?
Richard, are you there?

Click File > Export > Create a Video. (Or, on the Recording tab of the ribbon, click Export to Video.)

Choose HD

Then go to www.youtube.com

Sign in

In YouTube, click Upload and then select the file you just made. Enter a title, description, and any tags that you want to add to your movie.

Let me know how you go

yes still here... I needed a minute to write out the instructions

i have already gone to Youtube
i have already tried to upload
if i had not done this, i would not be writing you at all
Youtube requires a video file

yes, and as per my instructions the first step was to make a video....

ppt is NOT ALLOWING an export to a video file
that is exactly what i need your help with

I asked you twice

Twice you ignored this, do you wish to answer this for me or not?

can you tell me how to export to video?

This form of communication does not appear to be working, please accept the request I made to connect to your computer and I will do this for you

PPT allows to export to pdf or jpeg, etc, but no video options

i would rather you helped me through the situation - is that ok?

I am going to opt out of working with your further, possibly you are better suited for another expert

Thank you and all the best resolving your issue

i don't understand?
i'm so sorry - it sounds like you are frustrated
is anyone there?