Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

All of a sudden it will not go past passcode when I enter…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden it will not go past passcode when I enter the passcode it says activation error

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Cant recall but I cant recall either now

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I cant recall any of the info I need. I have had ths mini for along time and this has never happened

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do the following to reset your Apple ID password:

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

Then follow the prompts and enter the information requested to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

This is not the help I needed

Ok, then please clarify - how can I better assist you?

Remove the charges. I do not intend to pay 35 for your services or I will call my bank and report fraudulent charges tomorrow. Thank you

Ok, no worries. I will forward your request to Just Answer customer service.

Best regards,

David.

Thank tou