Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can’t remember my Apple TV password. Not sure. Is this going…

Customer Question
Can’t remember my Apple...

Can’t remember my Apple TV password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost anything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Follow the steps below to reset your Apple ID password:

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

Then follow the prompts and enter the information requested to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/