Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I tried to sign in to my Apple TV and I got a notice saying…

Customer Question
I tried to sign...

I tried to sign in to my Apple TV and I got a notice saying someone else was trying to get onto my account so I changed my password ***** then it asked if I wanted to use another email address which I accepted and used my work email but I still cant get into applle tv. I would really like to use my personal email if there is a way to change it back

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 15 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not very tech where do I find that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First try to login to your Apple ID account using the new email and password ***** click the link below to open the Apple ID login page:

click here

Once you login you can change both the email used for your Apple ID and the password ***** the settings area.

If you have trouble logging in follow the steps below:

You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

Then follow the prompts and enter the information requested to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

Is this the Mac expert site.

We have many categories and yes, your question is assigned to the Mac expert category.

Did you try the procedure above? If so were you able to reset your Apple ID password?