Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I don’t remember my password. The one I wrote down doesn’t…

I don’t remember my...

I don’t remember my password. The one I wrote down doesn’t work.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Apple Verizon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I was in a program that needed my password. I reset my iPad and it said it would default except my Apple credit card. I thought I never use it so I updated it. Then I went into the program that finds my lost phone and I needed my password ***** it didn’t work I tried.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

5/24/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Are you still connected

I'm here. How did it go with the instructions I provided?

You will only except my old email as It is my laptop which I don’t use anymore. So you send to my laptop hoe to proceed. Help
I don’t want to pay anymore obviously you can’t help me. I will go visit the geeks.
I didn't ask you to pay more.To clarify : did you follow the instructions I gave?
John T. F., Apple Consultant