Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MY IPAD MINI 4 - I HAD IT PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER, IT WAS…

MY IPAD MINI 4...

MY IPAD MINI 4 - I HAD IT PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER, IT WAS CHARGED TO 35% WHEN I WENT TO CHECK IT - IT WAS NO LONGER ON. I'VE HELD THE ON BUTTON DOWN AND STILL DOES NOT TURN ON - I'VE TRIED THIS 3 TIMES TODAY AND IT STILL NO LONGER TURNS ON. THANK YOU FOR WHATEVER ASSISTANCE YOU CAME GIVE ME

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

YES - I JUST DID BOTH THE "Home Button" and the "on/off button" - each for the amount of seconds. Still nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I have never encountered this before. I have usually plugged it into charge while it being "on" - sometimes I have charged it while it is "off"

5/13/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Please give me a moment to look over your issue and provide a solution.

Please try the following.

1. If you have the iPad connected to the charger disconnect for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the iPad back to the charger and wait 5 minutes.
  3. After 5 minutes leave connected to the charger and press and hold the on/off button and home button down together at the same time.
  4. Continue to hold for up to 1 minute or until the Apple logo appears then let go and allow the iPad to charge to 100%.

Please reply back to me with the outcome. If the solution works then please take a moment to rate my service at the top of the page and submit. If not reply back to me. Thanks, Cris.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
That is weird - the logo came on after a few seconds and the ipad shows it is 100% charged!!?! Is there a reason this has happened? I've had the Ipad since early Feb this year - FYI I have not done the ios 11.3.1 update

Great, it seems the was a glitch with the software which caused it to freeze up. Anything you have any freezing issues or software hiccups do the force start. Many times iPads go without being restarted and the software will glitch, a simple restart once in awhile refreshes the software to clear up these issues.

Let me know if any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. Thanks, Cris.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Ok. I’ll remember that. I do turn it completely off along with an occasion where it’s left on from one day to the next. But more so it is shut off each night. Thank you much for your help. It’s been appreciated!

You can press and hold the on/off and slide to power off will appear at the top of the screen. Totally up to you whether you want to shut off every night.

I typically do not shut off my iPad every night since I use it every day. But I do restart about 1-2 a week since it stays on all the time. I hope this helps answer your question.

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist