Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I transfer my files from my older Mac to my new Mac?

How do I transfer...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Mac OS X version 10.5.8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

My Mac doesn'f go on line because it uses Firefox. I can't get Safari on my old Ma

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My new Mac has Safari, so I want to trsndfrr my files.

Answered in 1 day by:
5/14/2018
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I still need help getting my Snow Leopard on line . I need help migrating my Snoe Leopard information to my Sierra.
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
THank you. I think I would be able to migrate my information, if I could get my Snow Leopard on line.
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You want to move your files from your old Mac to your new Mac correct?

Do you have a portable hard drive or large size flash drive?

Please do not request remote support until we can figure out the best way to move your data.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
4266 8415 6658 2977

I do not understand your message. Please answer my questions so I can further assist you.

If you do not want assistant then let me know.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
How do I know when I will get help with my transfer of information from my Snow Leopard to my Sierra? Do I sit and monitor my Kindle Fire all day?
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I have an 8g flash drive.

You must not be reading my messages I guess.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply. I am not quite sure that size flash drive will be sufficient to move over all your files depending on how much data is stored on your old Mac.

Does your old Mac have internet access? Are you able to get to websites?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
That is the problem. I cannot get my old Mac on line. My Snow Leopard seems to have lost its ability to get on line.

OK, no problem I can provide you some instructions for you to copy your profile folder but like I said I doubt the 8GB drive is large enough. I would not know the size of your profile folder.

Please use this link provided to use Migration assistant on your old Mac. It will show you how much data will need to be backed up and you can determine if the 8GB is large enough. If not you will need to purchase a portable hard drive.

Once you have this completed you can let me know and I can remote into your new Mac and assist you in moving the data onto it.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Customer reply replied 4 days ago
I have been away from home for a week. I have a FireWire and will work with that tonight.

Do both Mac's have Firewire port?

Please connect the cable on both Mac's then click on the desktop. At the top click on Go then click on computer.

Do you see the other Mac listed as a drive?

Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist