Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just sent a message a few minutes ago but don't know if I…

Hi. I just sent...

Hi. I just sent a message a few minutes ago but don't know if I was successful.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Sorry. I just bought my first iPad yesterday. Today it wouldn't open with my touch so I powered off. Now it asks for my passcode. I've tried my email and what I thought was my passcode. Each time I try it locks for a longer time. How do I get started again

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would also like to know how to sync my Fitbit app and banking info from my iPhone to my ipad

5/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Your iPad has a 4-6 passcode you cannot get pass is that correct?

No. I don't want you to connect at that price just tell me what to do. Thanks

If there is a passcode you cannot get past there is only one viable solution that is to place the iPad into Recovery Mode and using a PC with iTunes reset to Factory Settings. This the only solution when you do not know or can't get past the passcode for security purposes. I will list the instructions please give me a moment.

Thank you
  1. Download iTunes from www.iTunes.com and install the application on your PC.
  2. When done, open the software on your PC.
  3. Now you will need to place the iPad into Recovery Mode.
  4. Press and hold the on/off button for 3 seconds and slide to power off should appear. Power it off.
  5. Now connect the iPad to the PC with iTunes open with the USB cable.
  6. Press and hold the Home and on/off button down together at the same time.
  7. When you see the Apple Logo appear let go of the on/off button and hold the home button until you see the iTunes logo appear.
  8. On your screen in iTunes you should receive a prompt to "Restore" click on it.
  9. Wait for the iPad to Restore and Reboot.
  10. You can now go through setting up the iPad again.
  11. If you had Find My iPad enabled on your iPad it will prompt you to enter the Apple ID password ***** get past Activation Lock.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Thanks, Cris.

I don't have a pc anymore. I just have an iPhone. Will that work

No it will not you will need a Windows or Mac computer in order to restore the iPad. This is the only way, maybe if you have a relative or friend's PC you can use. iTunes is completely free application which many people usually already have on their computers. The whole process should take about 20-25 minutes to restore. Then you can remove the iPad from the PC and finish the setup.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist