Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I believe I have a virus. Not sure. Week and nothing I did…

Customer Question
I believe I have...

I believe I have a virus

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Week and nothing I did soft reset just now itbsaid contact tou

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need this dixed

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
iPhone 7plus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Why do you think you have virus on it?

I went to a site and then it said virus detected and now my phone is slow
I just paid 40 to talk to you that should get it fixed

That was a SCAM message. There is NO virus that can affect your phone. Do you still see the virus message on your phone?

Did you get this message on Safari?

iPhones are invulnerable to viruses out there. Follow the steps below to remove that message.

Just press the Home button and it will close the message. Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message.

If your iPhone is slow, then we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Volume down button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it load to home screen. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

When I did the soft reset it told me to contact you for virus

Did you do the above steps?