Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am setting up a new iPad Pro and after I installed IOS 11…

Customer Question
I am setting up...

I am setting up a new iPad Pro and after I installed IOS 11 it ask for the passcode to unlock the device. I didn’t write down the passcode when I got it at the start of setup and now I cannot remember it. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I cannot get anything on my iPad Pro because it says I have to enter the passcode to open with touch I D

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Thanks so very much for your advice. I don’t have a PC or know anyone to borrow from so I had to take it to a computer repair. I hope they can fix it. Thanks again.

You are very welcome!

If the current discussion has been finished to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.