Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgot apple id &password. Its my wifes phone she forgot…

Customer Question
Forgot apple id &password ...

Forgot apple id &password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its my wifes phone she forgot passcode and she disabled it . went to apple store and got disable off ,now i need new apple id&password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No dont no how , im old man

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to get back in phone

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 24 days ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Recover or Reset Forgotten Apple ID or Password ***** Your iPhone/iPad

The following is the first method you should try out to log back into your Apple account; not because it’s a guaranteed method, but because it is the simplest method by which to recover forgotten Apple ID.

1. In your iOS device, go to Settings, then scroll down to "iCloud."
  2. Tap on the email address which is at the top of the iCloud screen.
  3. Tap on "Forgot Apple ID or Password?" Now you have one of two options:
    • If you forgot the Password, type your Apple ID, and click "Next."
    • If you forgot the Apple ID, then click on "Forgot your Apple ID?" You’ll have to enter your full name and details, and then you’ll receive your Apple ID.
  4. You’ll have to answer your security questions to receive your Apple ID.

However, this process will only work if you know either your Apple ID, or your Password, and the answers to your security questions. If not, proceed to the next method.

Recover/Reset Apple Password ***** Email or Security Questions

This method only works if you have a verified recovery email for your Apple account or a set of security questions that you set up. The recovery instructions can be sent to your recovery email or you can answer the security questions on the Apple website. Here is a step-by-step guide:

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com on your web browser.
  2. You should see an option for "Enter your Apple ID". Click on it and type in your Apple ID to embark on the road to recovery. (If for some reason you forgot Apple ID as well, it’s not over yet! Proceed to the next recovery method for a possible solution.)
  3. Tap on "my password"
  4. Click the "Next" button.
  5. You should now see two options. Click on "Get an email" to receive the account reset instructions on your recovery email. If you have security questions that you had set up, click on "Answer Security Questions" to recover your account right there on the website.

Note: Having a recovery email for your Apple account is probably the easiest method for future recovery. If you however prefer security questions, avoid obvious questions and instead use questions that only you will know the answers to.

Forgot Your Apple ID? Here’s How to Reset It

Like your password, Apple can help you recover your Apple ID or username as well. Just follow this concise guide:

1. Open any web browser and go to the following URL: iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Click the "Forgot Apple ID" option.
  3. You will be prompted to enter your First Name, Last Name and your Email Address.
  4. You also have the option of entering up to 3 email addresses that you have used in the past.
  5. Click the "Next" button after which you will be presented with two other options. Click "Reset By Email" to receive the account reset instructions on your recovery email. Alternatively, click on "Answer Security Questions" to recover your Apple account right there on the website.

Using Apple’s Two-step Verification (for a Forgotten Apple Password)

Two-step authentication is an old Apple security feature and it still happens to be up and running. If you had set it up for your account, you can use it if you forgot Apple ID password. Here’s how it works:

1. Go to the URL iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Click the "Enter your Apple ID" option and type in your Apple ID to launch the recovery process.
  3. You should be prompted to enter your recovery key. Type it in and click "Continue".
  4. You should then choose a trusted recovery device that is currently available to you and click "Next".
  5. Apple should send a verification code to the device you selected. Enter this code as requested on the website and click "Next".
  6. After the verification is complete, you can now set up a new password.

Note: Be wary of using recovery keys! Though they are a very secure and effective method of password ***** you could easily get permanently locked out of your Apple account. When using a recovery key, you initially need:

1. An Apple ID password.
  2. A trusted device that you can easily access.
  3. The actual Recovery Key.

Now if you happen to lose any two of the above at the same time, there is no way of recovering your account and you will simply have to create a new one.

Using Apple’s Two-Factor Authentication (For a Forgotten Apple ID Password)

This is a newer account recovery option that is built into iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan. If you have enabled it for your account, you can change or reset Apple password ***** iforgot.apple.com or from any trusted iPad, iPhone or iPod touch if you forgot Apple ID password. The trusted device only works for this, however, if it has a passcode enabled.

How to reset Apple password ***** Your own iPhone

1. Open iforgot.apple.com on any web browser and enter your Apple ID.
  2. You can now choose to "Reset from another device" or you can "Use trusted phone number". Choose either option then click "Continue".
  3. You should now wait for a prompt requesting access to the trusted device or phone number. Click "Allow". You can now reset your password.

Recover/reset Apple password ***** a trusted Apple iOS device

1. On the device open Settings > iCloud.
  2. Select your name and then select "Password & Security".
  3. Select "Change Password" and enter your new password. Voila! You’ve now restored access to your account.

If for any reason you can’t access the trusted device, you can recover your password ***** any other iOS device:

Recover/reset Apple password ***** any other iOS device

1. Open Settings > iCloud.
  2. Select Forgot Apple ID and Password.
  3. Follow the given steps to recover your account.

If none of the above methods work and you’re completely locked out of your account , you will need to ask Apple to intervene. Contact Apple for direct assistance.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
cant get in the phone with out apple id &passcode.. she forgot it

I understand. In that case, simply skip to the next section of the directions I sent you to attempt an account recovery via the Apple website.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
should i connect the phone

No, I regret we are unable to perform remote service on your iPhone (accordingly, we haven't charged you for it). In your case, this set of instructions I sent (re-copied below) will work best:

2. Click the "Forgot Apple ID" option.
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro